Monday, March 16, 2009

Neil Young - Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (1969) (mp3 320kbps)



I'm having a bit of a Neil Young thing happening. I can't help it. This happens with some frequency. I consider myself a lucky man.

How good is this record? I've been listening to it for over twenty years and I love it more than ever. This is just Shakey's second record as a solo artist and the first of a legendary collaboration with Crazy Horse. The guitar solo for Down By The River is a transformative experience. The production and mastering of this record are so much more confident and unified compared to the previous year's 'Neil Young', which, at times becomes almost experimental. On 'Everybody Knows' Neil is solidfying a lifetime membership in the annals of hard rock with the opening chords of 'Cinnamon Girl'.

This record made me fall in love with great music.

1. "Cinnamon Girl – 2:58
2. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere – 2:26
3. Round & Round (It Won't Be Long) – 5:49
4. Down by the River – 9:13
5. The Losing End (When You're On) – 4:03
6. Running Dry (Requiem for the Rockets) – 5:30
7. Cowgirl in the Sand – 10:06

Should be working now. Sorry about the bad link.

1 comment:

MPomy said...

http://lix.in/-3fbada