Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Heating Up...


Well, it's actually been hot for quite a while, but that's not what I'm talking about. You've got the Phillies heating up, with 9 wins in their last ten games. Cole Hamels pitched beautifully, but we may have lost Victorino and Michael Bourne for a little while, so that could be a problem. But, hey, a little adversity can provide a lot of inspiration for this team.


What else... I'm reading a bunch of great sci-fi, including John Scalzi and John Twelve Hawks. Neil Gaiman continues to inspire, as do the Hellblazer and Swamp Thing graphic novels. That stuffs all been big this summer.
I don't know why there's a picture of Warren Oates here. Maybe because he was kind of a bad-ass in Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia and some other Sam Peckinpah movies.
Now that I've endorsed Kimi for F1 champion, he's cooling off a bit, but F1 has been a circus lately, what with the spy scandal and everything. They're in Badapest this weekend, so we'll see what happens. Scott Speed has been replaced by Sebastian Vettel at Toro Rosso. I wouldn't care so much, but Speed, in addition to being the only American driver in F1, also has ulcerative colitis, just like me. It's pretty cool that he managed to overcome his disease and get to the top of his sport. On the other hand, he's not been the best driver and certainly doesn't get along with team management. Hopefully he'll land on his feet and keep promoting UC awareness.
Now it's back to work - and there's a lot of it. Big civil trial coming up regading the Michael Simmons shooting. I look forward to reporting on that in mid-September. But I'm sure I'll have something else interesting soon.

No comments: